We all know that Whatsapp is one of the best messaging apps in the world. It has a lot of features, and users love it. But one thing that makes it unique and special is its ability to open Docx files in WhatsApp. I have tried this feature for a long time but was never able to get it working. Today I will tell you how to open Docx file in WhatsApp.
There are many ways to open Docx files in WhatsApp. You can use a third-party app, or you can even use an android phone. I will tell you how to do both of them.
How to Open Docx File in Whatsapp?
You can use any text editor to open the Docx file. If you want to open it on WhatsApp, follow these steps. Open WhatsApp.
However, there is a problem with this. Most of the applications available in the Play Store are not very good. The apps are not as reliable and stable as they should be. You have to find a way to open Word files on your Android phone.
Open Docx File With Third-Party Apps
Many third-party apps can open a.docx file easily. But some can open Docx files directly without any problem. Some apps are free, while others come with a price tag. However, the quality of the apps and the ease of use is the same regardless of the price.
Open Docx File With Google Docs
Google Docs is a free online office suite that allows you to edit and create documents in a web browser. It’s the perfect tool for creating and editing documents online.
- Find the document you wish to look at. Utilize Google Drive, your email, or another tool to locate your Word document.
- Click on the file you found in the first step to open it. If asked, open the file within ‘Docs’ (Google Docs) or an alternative doc/Docx editor/viewer if you already have it. You might need to install one in case nothing appears to change or select the default launcher for your app in case you don’t see any choices like the one shown below.
- Click to grant any necessary permissions to allow the file to be opened.
- Now, you can view your document. If you’d like to edit the document, search for the pencil and edit icons (this will differ based on the program and application you’re running).
Open Docx File With Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is one of the most popular word processors business professionals use. It is a powerful tool that can help you with many different tasks. You can follow this step-by-step guide if you need to open a docx file with Microsoft Word.
Get Microsoft Word.
Tap the’ .doc or ‘.docx file on your smartphone, and then choose the Word app from the available apps.
Word lets you modify and save documents to Android So, so you can edit your documents to the max. But, it’s recommended to use Word on a PC and Mac Word program whenever possible.
You can also utilize the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) for any Android device, so long you have the apps installed. While editing files is difficult, particularly in an Excel spreadsheet, Android and Microsoft seem to be a good match.
Open Docx File With WPS Office
WPS Office is a free document reader that supports the editing and printing of Docx files. This app is a good choice if you want to open Docx files. This app can view, edit, and print your WhatsApp Docx files.
- Start the WPS Android application.
- Click “Open” in the middle of the application.
- Choose any of the file types (tap on Doc to access the purpose of the present article) and select the file to be saved on your device’s storage.
- After opening, click on the tools option on the right to make changes.
- WPS Office offers its cloud service for those who want to save their work inside the application. Of course, you could also share your document with friends or directly to computers (but you’ll need an account for that part).
Can’t Open a WhatsApp Docx on Android
If you have a WhatsApp Docx file that you can’t open, you need to change how you save your documents. Whatsapp Docx files are not compatible with other apps or devices.
A different application can fix the issue, provided the document you’re trying to open isn’t damaged. If you’ve tried another program, but the file was not working, it’s defective, so you can try a different version.
You could encounter a compatibility problem if you require access to files using the Word app. The phone’s software may be outdated, or the app you use is not up-to-date. Go to your Google Play Store for updates first. If you find an update, then click the button to install it. After that, you can open your file once more.
If you’re running the most recent version of Word, you can try to update your phone. Go to settings and then tap Updates.
If all of your software is up to date, you can try clearing the cache (Settings>Apps>Word>Clear Cache) or uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. A few users have complained that there’s only one option to uninstall Word within the Settings of their devices. If this is the case for you, you can try to remove Word through Google’s Play Store. If the option isn’t there to remove the app, you’ll have to disable it before restarting it.
Finally, you can try logging into the Word application using your Microsoft account if you’re yet logged in. This can fix your issue, especially when uploading a file via the cloud.
As you’ve discovered, it is easy to open Word documents on Android with Microsoft Word for Android, Google Docs, WPS Office, and more. All you require to open a Word file is an application that can handle the format of the file.
In this post, I’ve tried to explain how to open a Docx file in WhatsApp. Also, review some third-party apps to use for open Docx files hope you learn from this article a lot. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comment below.