WhatsApp is the best messaging app in the world. WhatsApp has made the status feature even more useful with its latest update. Now, you can hide your online status from your friends on WhatsApp. You can also change your status to “offline,” and your phone will automatically switch off. If you want to know how to hide your online status from WhatsApp, this post will help you do that.
How To Hide Your Online Status In WhatsApp?
You might want to hide your online status in WhatsApp for many reasons. It can be because you are going to a party or on a date and you don’t want your friends to know that you are online. It can also be because you want to keep your privacy. If you are worried about being stalked, you can just hide your online status in WhatsApp. It will also help you to avoid unwanted messages.
What is The “Last Seen Status” in WhatsApp?
The Last Seen feature is actually a very convenient one for most users. Still, it can also be a privacy nightmare for those concerned about online activity.
Last Seen Status in WhatsApp shows you when someone last accessed WhatsApp and whether they’re still using the app at the moment. It’s a useful feature, but there’s a risk that you could end up sharing too much information with your contacts.
How to Hide Your WhatsApp Online Status on iPhone?
You can disable the “Last Seen” status in the Privacy settings on your phone. This will make it so that you won’t be able to see your contacts’ online Status. You can also change your Status to offline if you want. Follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Click on the Settings button in the bottom menu.
- Now Navigate to the Account section.
- Tap on the Privacy button from the options.
- New options will appear where you can change who can see your information. Now tap on Last Seen to appear in your online status settings.
- Just Hide your Last Seen Status by Clicking on Nobody. Also, You can select My Contacts if you want only your friends to see your Status or everyone to see your last seen status.
How to Hide Your WhatsApp Online Status on Android?
The best way to keep yourself updated with WhatsApp status online is to open the app and check it whenever you get a notification. But there’s a problem. While you can hide your WhatsApp status from other users, your online status is always visible to everyone. So if you want to keep a secret WhatsApp status online, you need to hide your online status.
If you want to hide your Android WhatsApp online status, follow the steps below.
- Start WhatsApp for the Android phone.
- Tap the 3 dots that are located on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose Options and then go through the Account section.
- Now Go to Privacy.
- Click on “Last seen” and select None If you wish to cancel your online Status completely. Click My contact list If you want only the contacts of your contacts to know about the status of your account online.
Here are some additional solutions to your queries concerning WhatsApp privacy.
Can I talk while appearing offline on WhatsApp?
Yes! Two handy techniques to read and respond to chat messages via WhatsApp and yet appear to be as if you are offline.
The first option is the most simple one and is the one that allows you to reply to messages using the notification panel.
To iPhone users, just remove the message from your notification panel, select the view option, and respond.
For Android, To send a message, simply tap the message in the Notifications panel, tap the Reply button, then send the message.
If you accidentally removed the message preview, you can drag it down from your top screen to see notifications that have not been read. You have to hold the chat that you are interested in and then click to hit the reply button.
Another method of responding to an email offline is using Airplane Mode. When you activate Airplane Mode, it allows you to read a message while not appearing online. So, your most recent recorded online time through WhatsApp is the time before you switched on Airplane Mode. This is an awesome feature, but it stops the user from receiving messages when turned on.
Here are the steps
1. Change your device’s settings into Airplane Mode.
2. Start WhatsApp and then open the chat you wish to send a message.
3. Input the message, then hit The button to send. Button.
4. Shut off Airplane Mode. The receiver will receive your message but without appearing online.
Two ways allow you to talk without being online. Use the quick reply option if you are certain that the person will continue sending messages to you if they believe you’re online. If you have a specific message you’d like to respond to but want to stay out of the spotlight, it is possible to switch on your Airplane Mode.
Are there other people I can see while my Status is hidden within WhatsApp?
In the WhatsApp settings, you can alter your Status online so that it is visible to all, but only the contacts you’ve made or none. If you change that Status for nobody and nobody else, they can see their Status. Last seen Status; however you won’t check the Status of other users’ online profiles either.
If you opt to use the My Contacts option, You’ll be able to check whether the contacts you have been on, and they’ll also be able to check when you’re online also online.
Do I have to hide my profile from particular contacts on WhatsApp?
You can block your status updates on certain contact by following these steps in the following steps:
for iPhone users:
1. Start WhatsApp using your iPhone and then go through the Settings page.
2. Log into your Account. Then, Privacy.
3. Go into the Status section and tap My Contacts Other than…
4. Click the circle on the right of the contact(s) who you would like to conceal the status update.
5. Press Done after you’re done.
For Android users:
1. Start WhatsApp on your mobile and navigate to the three-dotted menu in the upper right of your screen.
2. Tap Settings on the menu dropdown.
3. Go to the Account.
4. Go through Privacy and then Select Status.
5. Choose the option My Contacts, Except… option.
6. Click on the circle box beside the contact names from whom you would like to hide any status changes.
7. Tap the green circle on the lower right-hand side to confirm.
Be aware that these steps will only block your status updates from certain contacts. They won’t conceal the Status of your Status Updates or Last Sighted Status.
You can block the Status as Last Sighted Status from all, My contacts or anyone else. There’s currently no option that lets you hide your online Status only for certain contacts.
If you wish to block the view of a particular person on your Status online, you must remove them from your Account. Once you’ve done that, the individual cannot view the last seen status and any other personal information like your profile picture, your stories, or any additional information related to your Account.
Here’s how you can stop a contact from being blocked:
1. Start WhatsApp on your mobile.
2. Click the chat button with the person you’d like to stop.
3. Click on the name of the person at on top, and choose “Block.”
4. Choose Block from the prompt until you complete.
In this article, I will share how to hide online status on WhatsApp. Hope you learn well from this post. If you have any question, please feel free to share with us in the comment section below.